DSV Rotary Meeting Schedule
- Speaker – Nate Bradley, Amphora Nueva, this will be an amazing olive oil education and tasting!
- Greeter – Terry Church
- Speaker – Mike Conklin, Sentinels of Freedom, an organization to support our wounded veterans become productive, self-sufficient members of our community.
- Greeter – Drew Corradini
- Agenda – Speech Contest
- Greeter – Claes Elving
- Speaker – Suzanne Rommelfanger, School of the World, an organization to fight poverty by bringing education to the world’s poorest children.
- Greeter – Roberto Fuenzalida
Black Bear Diner
807 Camino Ramon
Danville, CA 95426
- Suzanne Bragdon, Rotary District Governor, visited our club and gave us an update on Rotary happenings both locally and nationally. Couldn’t be prouder to be a part of an organization that is making such a remarkable difference in the world!Suzanne also presented Daniel, our Club President with a book her mother-in-law wrote about Daniel’s “story of his life”. It was truly heartwarming. The fact that her mother-in-law, who is in her 90’s, took the time to do research and write about Daniel’s life, made it even more special.
- Linda Michaelis RD is a Nutritionist and Registered Dietician who specializes in a variety of areas including:
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Weight loss
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol and triglycerides
- Child and teen weight loss
- Assisted living and nursing home services
- Prenatal and postnatal counseling
- Fertility nutrition for both men and women
- Janet Kleyn is the CEO of Agape Village Foster Family Agency, which has been operating for 64 years. They are a licensed foster family agency that places children in foster homes across Northern California.Agape Villages accepts referrals from California’s Department of Social Services, Child Protective Services, and County Mental Health Departments. They provide services to disadvantaged children, adolescents, and young adults from newborns to 21 years of age.They are also a licensed adoption agency that helps families, children, and youth by offering permanent adoption services.Learn more at: AgapeVillages.org
- Linda Patterson presented from Shepherd’s Gate, a Christian-based organization that helps women and children escape homelessness, addiction, and abuse. Their program includes one year of education followed by 6-8 months of independent living in on-site cottages.They offer a nursery facility and work with children up to 18 years old. With 39 years of experience, Shepherd’s Gate has helped over 14,000 women. Their Livermore campus serves 70 women and the Brentwood campus serves 18 women.Unlike Agape Village, Shepherd’s Gate receives no government funding and is entirely supported by donations.Learn more at: ShepherdsGate.org
Crab Feed and Super Bowl Party 2023
This year’s Crab Feed and Super Bowl party was a huge success, with lots of delicious food, great company, and a hard fought win for the Chiefs over the Eagles.
We wanted to give a special shoutout to the Interactors from DVHS who served as waiters and helped check people in. They were absolutely fantastic and helped make the event run smoothly. At the end of the night, they collectively received over $400 in tips, which is a testament to their hard work and dedication.
It was also wonderful to see Helen Reese at the event, especially after all she has gone through. And of course, it’s always a pleasure to spend time with 7-time mayor Newell Arnerich!
Thank you to everyone who came out to support our event and make it a success. We hope to see you all again soon!
Food Bank of Costa Costra
We are pleased to share with you the success of our recent volunteer event at the Food Bank. Our club was joined by an incredible group of individuals who graciously gave their time and energy to help those in need. A big thank you to the following people for their support and hard work:
- Steve & Sandy McKae
- Henry Hon
- Jack Worthington
- Jim Vlantis
- Del & Nancy Chandler
- David Meyer
- Dawn Atwood
- Melanie Prole & her friend
- Pat Burgess & her friends Melanie Bartoletti and Pam Meissner
Together, we unpacked and moved countless boxes of canned goods, and while our backs may have been a bit sore, it was worth it knowing that our efforts would contribute to supporting the 320,000 people per month who rely on the Food Bank.
We are proud to be a part of a community that comes together to support each other and make a difference. Thank you to everyone who participated, and we look forward to continuing to serve our community in the future.
Jack and Mary’s Demotion (Roast) Party
Friday, March 17th
5:30 to 9:30pm
Get ready for a night of fun and laughter as we celebrate Jack Worthington and Mary Whipple’s successful presidency last year with a
Roast at the Sycamore Club House!
Join us for a delicious dinner and the chance to share in the memories and accomplishments of our beloved leaders.
The Demotion Party is an opportunity to show our appreciation for Jack and Mary’s hard work and dedication to our club, and to welcome our new president as we embark on another year of service. This is a night you won’t want to miss!
Save the date and mark your calendars for this special event. Let’s celebrate Jack and Mary in style and have a great time together as a club!
Rise Against Hunger
Sunday, March 19th
10:00 am to 1:00 pm
Rise Against Hunger is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ending hunger worldwide by providing packaged meals to those in need.
DSV Rotary is proud to partner with them to make a positive impact on our local and global community.
We are thrilled to announce our upcoming service project where we will be packing 20,000 meals with Rise Against Hunger.
By volunteering our time and effort, we are taking an active role in fighting hunger and making a difference in the lives of those who need it most.
Saturday, March 25th